enjoy the best of the opal coast
Our hotel is perfectly situated. Nestling in the heart of the seven valleys countryside, between the Canche and Authie rivers, make the most of it with a ramble along the marked ‘Sentier du Campet’ path around the hotel.
Take the beautful great white way and stop off to meet Nick and Judith with their marvellous organic jams and take a break in their traditional English tea rooms.
Go for a bike ride along the Authie valley and discover the Abbaye de Valloires and its glorious gardens and the pretty Maintenay watermill and treat yourself in their creperie.
Enjoy the seaside. Our hotel is only an leisurely 30 minute drive from the famous resorts of Le Touquet or Le Crotoy.
- Le Touquet – Pas-de-Calais (Vast sandy beach in the resort once nicknamed “Paris by the sea”)
- Hardelot-Plage – Pas-de-Calais (Huge beach perfect for sand-yachting and kite flying)
- Fort Mahon Plage / Quend Plage -Somme, Picardie (Uninterrupted miles of sand)
- Le Crotoy – Somme, Picardie (Popular and attractive resort overlooking the Somme bay)
- Wimereux – Pas-de-Calais (Large seaside resort popular with families)
- Berck-Plage – Pas-de-Calais (Long sandy beach famous for its annual Kite Festivalt)
- Saint-Valery-sur-Somme (Port overlooking the Somme bay)
- Le Cap Blanc-nez et le Cap Gris-nez (Wild and austere marked by the violence of the sea and history tests)
- L’Abbaye et les Jardins de Valloires (10 minutes from the Hotel. A beautiful garden in 8 hectares of land surrounded by 5000 species of plants)
- Jardin des Lianes – Chériennes, Pas-de-Calais (Beautiful country garden with over 250 types of rose)
- Les Hortillonages – Amiens, Picardie (Traditional allotments accessible by special punts in the heart of Amiens)
- Les Jardins de Mézicourt – Somme, Picardie (Landscaped park serving as a setting for a small 18th century brick and stone castle
- Les Jardins de Séricourt – Séricourt, Pas-de-Calais (one of the most beautiful gardens in France, labellised «remarkable garden»)
- Golf de Belle Dune – 80120 Fort-Mahon-Plage Tel. (0033) 322234550
- Le Golf du Touquet – 62520 Le Touquet Tel. (0033) 321062800
- Golf de Nampont – 80120 Nampont Saint Martin Tel. (0033) 322299290 10 Minutes from the hotel
- Golf D’Hardelot – 62152 Hardelot Tel. (0033) 321837310
- A Saint-Omer Golf Club – 62380 Acquin Westbecourt Tel. (0033) 321385990
- Golf de Wimereux – 62930 Wimereux Tel. (0033) 321324320
- 11 KMS walking tour through the village.
- We lend you our bikes.
- Tennis court in the village.
- Horse Ridin – St Rémy au Bois, Pas-de-Calais (Carriage ride. Departure from the Hotel is possible)
- Cycling – Pas-de-Calais (There are 58 dedicated cycle routes meandering through the region)
- Climbing – Passion d’Aventure, Guînes, Pas-de-Calais (Climbing trails and rope slides in over 10 hectares of forest)
- Fishing (Sea)
- Horse Riding – Le Touquet, Pas-de-Calais (Hire horses and ride along the beach, dunes and forest)
- Swimming – Aqualud, Le Touquet, Pas-de-Calais (Swimming pools and water slides perfect for family entertainment)
- Motorsport – Circuit de Croix-en-Ternois, Pas-de-Calais
- Canoë Kayak Club Beaurainvillois, Beaurainvillle, Pas-de-Calais
- tourist baptism by helicopter.
- Introduction to the Float
- Bird sculpture in Brimeux
- Musée de la Marine d’Etaples sur Mer
- Nausicaa, Boulogne-sur-mer (National Center of the Sea, more than an aquarium, tourist hotspot in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais)
- Bird Watching
- Parc du Marquenterre
- Local Events
- Thêatre – “Les Misérables” (annual outdoor spectacle based on the novel set in Montreuil ; also regular tours)
- Le Saint André des Arts, Gouy Saint André – (Concerts, guitar lessons)
- Beaumont-Hamel – Somme, Picardy (Evocative memorial to the soldiers of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment)
- Caen Peace memorial – Calvados, Normandy (Commemoration, memorial and museum tracing the history of WWII)
- La Coupole – St-Omer, Pas-de-Calais (Museum housed in an underground bunker)
- Menin Gate / In Flanders Fields Museum – Ypres, Flanders (Most visited Great War Memorial on the Western Front)
- Notre-Dame de Lorette – Nord (WWI military museum and cemetery)
- Normandy Landing Beaches – Normandy (Historic beaches that witnessed the D-Day landings)
- Thiepval – Somme, Picardy (Lutyens-designed memorial in a windswept corner of the Somme battlefield)
- Mémorial de Vimy – Nord (Trench system and memorial to Canadian troops)